This is our last chance to pull off a $100K/$1M miracle for 2019, so here goes nothing…
Kyle: $1K from R4
Tonight’s Bankrupt Trash: $1,550
- We got an incorrect letter on the EXPRESS wedge.
Bonus Round Win?: Yes
MY FEARS OF 2019 BECOMING A CARBON COPY OF 2017 HAVE COME TRUE — IT HAS BECOME ONLY THE THIRD CALENDAR YEAR IN THE PROGRAM’S HISTORY TO NOT HAVE A GRAND PRIZE WINNER AT ALL (2004 & 2017).
Furthermore, all of December was a TOTAL $37K WASHOUT as the pesky BR minimum shows up for possibly a record eighteenth consecutive time.
At least we didn’t have as many grand prize losses.
Skipps’ Grade: C
Skipps’ Rating: 7
Happy New Year! I’ll see you Friday.
Daily Double Correct Answers: 1
Final Jeopardy Correct Answers: 2 (it’s not that kind of turkey, Karen)
Winner: Karen ($16,800 (4-day $74,401))
Skipps’ Grade: D-
Skipps’ Rating: 5
I will be going to Corpus Christi for New Year’s Eve and I won’t be watching Jeopardy today because of College Football. I will be back to post more recaps tomorrow.
Let ‘Em Roll: W
Side by Side: W
Showcase Showdown #1 Winner: Michael
One Right Price: L
That’s Too Much: L
Backwards Range Game: W
Last FFBC victim of the year and the decade: Rury
Showcase Showdown #2 Winner: Felicia
Showcase Winner: Michael ($134,234)
Pat Sajak was on the Colonial Penn commercial during this episode.
Push Over: W
Stack the Deck: L
Secret X: W
Showcase Showdown #1 Winner: Amy
Check Game: L
That’s Too Much: W
One Wrong Price: L
Last FFBC contestant of the year: Jamie
Showcase Showdown Winner #2: Rick
Showcase Winner: Amy ($27,302)
No Bankrupt Trash
- Alicia calls a dud immediately after collecting $10K from the MW
Bonus Round Win: Yes despite the big deal knocked out right off the bat and a quickie deal shutout
Adam’s Grade: B
Adam’s Rating: 7
Skipps’ Grade: B-
Skipps’ Rating: 8
Daily Double Correct Answers: 2
Final Jeopardy Correct Answers: 1
Winner: Karen ($22,000 (3-day $57,601))
Adam’s Grade: TBA
Adam’s Rating: TBA
Skipps’ Grade: C-
Skipps’ Rating: 7
Plinko: L (Worst playing since 2013)
Squeeze Play: W
Pass the Buck: Wins $3,000
Showcase Showdown #1 Winner: Alyssa
Easy as 1-2-3: W
Any Number: Wins Computer
Balance Game: W
Showcase Showdown #2 Winner: Joshua
Showcase Winner: Joshua ($46,282)
How Many Perfect Deals?: 1
Car Win?: Yes
Big Deal (Denise):
SD (#3): hydrow machine + H-FACTOR & RSP supplements ($3,479)
MD (#2): 1wk trip to Malta ($13,364) – M.O.
BD (#1): ’20 Hyundai IONIQ SE ($25,880) (revealed second)
SOLE AIRED QD (Michawn): $100 for every $1 bill, up to three (T) – WIPEOUT
Unfortunately, that is our fifth quickie deal shutout of the season. Also, Pat Sajak was on the Colonial Penn commercial during this episode.
As the 49ers got the number one seed and the home field advantage for the first time since 1997, here’s what else happened in that year:
- Bill Clinton began his second term
- WrestleMania 13 was held in Chicago
- Speaking of WWE, Kane debuts during the Hell in a Cell match at Badd Blood: In Your House
- Bret “The Hitman” Hart left WWE after losing to Shawn Michaels
- Hercules, Men in Black, Good Burger, The Rainmaker, Tomorrow Never Dies, Flubber, The Fifth Element, As Good as It Gets, Vegas Vacation, George of the Jungle, Selena, The Fully Monty, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, Air Force One, Batman & Robin, Liar Liar, My Best Friend’s Wedding and Titanic were released in theaters
- Cow and Chicken, I am Weasel and Johnny Bravo premiered on Cartoon Network
- As I said what happened in 1992, 1993 and 1998, the Chicago Bulls won the NBA Finals
- Mario Kart 64 was released for the Nintendo 64
- TNT stops airing NFL games after 7 years.
- Savage Garden released their debut album
- As I said what happened in 2003, the Miami Dolphins were absent on Fox.
- Family Matters and Step by Step move to CBS for their last season after ABC stops airing them
- Frasier, Law and Order, Everybody Loves Raymond, KaBlam!, E.R., The Nanny, The Drew Carey Show, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Home Improvement, JAG and The X-Files were still airing new episodes
- Jay Leno was still the host of the Tonight Show while Conan O’Brien was the host of Late Night
- Notorious B.I.G. was shot and killed
- The San Antonio Spurs selected Tim Duncan as their number one pick.
- KENS 5 began airing their Saturday morning newscast
- Coach, Roseanne and Married with Children concluded their run
- TV rating system goes into effect
- The Little Mermaid returns to theaters
- The Florida Marlins won the World Series
- Rugrats returns to Nickelodeon with all new episodes
- Angry Beavers premiered on Nickelodeon
- South Park premiered on Comedy Central
- Disney’s One Saturday Morning went on the air for the first time
- Princess Diana was killed in a car crash in Paris
- The Green Bay Packers won Super Bowl XXXI
- The music video for El Príncipe – Dos by El Morro began its production
- Blu Ray does not exist yet
- The first DVDs released in the United States
- Netflix was founded
- The Oilers moved from Houston to Tennessee
- Murphy Brown began their last season
- The Detroit Red Wings won the Stanley Cup
- Raw became Raw is War
- The Attitude Era began
- The first Harry Potter & Captain Underpants books were published
- This was the last time WOF ran midseason reruns until last week
That is all what happened in 1997. I hope you liked it. This post was originally going to be posted when the San Antonio Spurs missed the playoffs.